As part of the revolutionary new product range from Datum Electronics like the M425 Rotary Torque Transducer, the Datum Universal Interface (DUI) Module is the perfect companion for any customer looking to measure torque, speed and power. Customers from all market sectors now have the simple choice as this one torque transducer interface works with all our torque and power measurement sensors and solutions
The Datum Universal Torque and Power Measurement Interface – the interface will provide all of the usual analogue interfaces 4-20mA, +/-5Vdc, 0-5Vdc, +/-10Vdc, 0-10Vdc as well as RS232/485 serial data. The interface also has full Ethernet connectivity to your system allowing remote monitoring and configuration to an IP Address. The interface is configured using the Ethernet connection or a local USB port will the same features.
The Interface has a USB port for logging that will accept a standard memory stick. This will allow you to log Torque, RPM, Power and other parameters into a simple text file for analysis.
Datum Universal Torque Sensor Interface Specifications:
- Normal Specification Range: +10 to +60 ̊C
- Operating Range: -10 to +70 ̊C
- Storage Range: -35 to +75 ̊C
- Environmental Protection: IP54
- Electromagnetic Compatibility: EN61326-1:2006 (IEC61000-4, IEC60945)
Universal Torque Transducer Interface Outputs:
- Output power – for the M425, RS425, FF425, FF410 and the Commercial Marine Shaft Power Meter System
- Ethernet – data output and main configuration interface
- Mini USB Type B – data output and configuration interface
- USB Type A – logging to memory stick
- RS485/RS232 Serial – data outputs
- 4 channels of analogue – user configurable to 4-20mA 4-12mA, +/-5Vdc, +/-10Vdc, 0-5Vdc and 0-10Vdc
*The data used for these outputs can be user selected from the Torque, RPM and Power data plus an additional strain input (often used for shaft bending or thrust).
- Additional Input
The Datum Universal Transducer Interface will also accept an input from an external shaft speed tacho.
- Power Supply 15-24Vdc.
Universal Torque Transducer Interface Compatibility
The DUI Interface is fully compatible with our range of torque sensors and torque transducers: