As part of the revolutionary new torque sensing product range from Datum Electronics, the DUI (Datum Universal Interface) torque display Module is the perfect companion for any customer looking to measure torque, speed, and power.
Datum Electronics specifically designed the DUI to accept serial data from the torque transducer, display the torque, RPM and power and provide a wide range of additional analogue and digital outputs. The DUI interfaces with all the Datum rotary, static, reaction, digital torque sensors, and torque transducers, as well as shaft power measurement solutions.
With a built-in display, the module supplies the torque transducer with power, allowing the user to view data in real time. The Interface can also be easily configured to provide additional analogue and digital outputs, such as 4-20mA, +/-5Vdc, 0-5Vdc, +/-10Vdc, 0-10Vdc, as well as RS232/485 serial data.
On top of that, the Datum torque display has a USB port for logging data, allowing data to be saved on a standard memory stick into a simple text file, for analysis at a later date.
DUI Torque Display Specifications:
- Normal Specification Range: +10 to +60 ̊C
- Operating Range: -10 to +70 ̊C
- Storage Range: -35 to +75 ̊C
- Environmental Protection: IP54
- Electromagnetic Compatibility: EN61326-1:2006 (IEC61000-4, IEC60945)
DUI Torque Display Outputs:
- Output Power – for the Datum static and rotary torque sensors and torque transducers, as well as shaft power measurement solutions
- Ethernet – data output and main configuration interface
- Mini USB Type B – data output and configuration interface
- USB Type A – logging to memory stick
- Serial SCADA outputs – RS485/RS232
- 4 channels of analogue – user configurable to 4-20mA 4-12mA, +/-5Vdc, +/-10Vdc, 0-5Vdc and 0-10Vdc
*The data used for these outputs can be user selected from the Torque, RPM and Power data plus an additional strain input (often used for shaft bending or thrust).
- Additional Input (the Datum Universal Transducer Interface will also accept an input from an external shaft speed tacho).
- Power Supply 15-24Vdc.
Graphic User Interface (GUI)
The Datum data logging and configuration software provides a wide range of control functions for the range of Datum Electronics torque sensors and torque transducers, including set-up and configuration options plus data logging.
This free of charge software is compatible with ALL Windows versions, provides a direct readout of Torque, Speed and Power on a PC with additional facilities to read peak torque and log data to other applications including Microsoft Excel. The enhanced features of this software include:
- Calibrated Display of Torque in Nm or lb/ft
- Display of Speed (rpm)
- Display of Power in kW or HP
- Peak Torque, Speed and Power Capture Facility
- Data logging of Torque (or Torque, Speed and Power)
Using a USB, Ethernet, or Serial Port (adapter required) from either a Laptop or desktop PC connected to the Series 420 Torque Transducer DUI, you can have the data that you require at your fingertips, allowing you to process the information which can be printed, displayed graphically or saved as a spreadsheet. All logged data is time stamped and in CSV file format.
DUI Torque Display Compatibility:
The DUI Interface is fully compatible with our range of torque sensors and torque transducers, namely: